Awesome TV-B-Gone is awesome!

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gomer_x

Awesome TV-B-Gone is awesome!

Post by gomer_x »

Just got done building my TV-B-Gone and what a wonderful thing.

30 years ago I had an electronics kit from Radio Shack. It was OK for what it was, but I was too young to understand it, the instructions weren't that great and I had no one to help me. I kind of gave up but never lost my interest in electronics and in making things in general.

Now I can buy a cheap kit, and in a couple hours I got me some instant gratification!

Share my joy: Image

phenoptix

Re: Awesome TV-B-Gone is awesome!

Post by phenoptix »

She's a beauty mate! Nice work!

stephanie

Post by stephanie »

Good work!

And welcome to the electronics fun! :D

ScatteredFrog

Post by ScatteredFrog »

I also just built a TV-B-Gone, at HOPE Number 9. First time I ever soldered; thanks to Jimmie Rodgers for the great instruction!

I. LOVE. THIS. THING!!

I did solder the LEDs a little bit too close to the board so they basically can't lie parallel to the board; they're angled upward slightly...which actually is cool because if I'm out in public I can just rest the TV-B-Gone down on a table (and masked by something like one of the free newspapers we have around town), and the upward angle makes aiming so easy.

I have a dead iPod Video at home that, despite my wife's nagging, I insisted on keeping in case I ever could use it...well, I'm thinking of modding it to fit the TV-B-Gone inside it. :) Only problem is that the batteries will have to stick out of the bottom....now if only there were a way to attach a watch-style battery!

BTW -- good way to turn off TVs inconspicuously in public places -- carry it in the fold of a folded-up newspaper. Worked like a charm at the Subway near where I work. :)

PorkRhombus

Post by PorkRhombus »

Rolled up newspapers ... that's real Jason Bourne stuff. Seriously though, it won't run off watch batteries or coin cells. Read the website for more power options. Lithium cells work well and are rechargeable. Or you could certainly fit 3 AAAs inside an iPod video.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”