TV-B-Gone Concealment Project ;)

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Jeff1a

TV-B-Gone Concealment Project ;)

Post by Jeff1a »

I absolutely love the TV-B-Gone - Its so much fun but I needed a way to carry it in plain sight without suspicion so came up with this idea. I've put it in a smoothie cup and can now go anywhere with it. An X-Acto knife and some foam core poster board provids the support and guides for the PCB. I wired up a switch to press with my little finger while holding the cup which shoots the beams out the side. Dummy straw hot glued from beneath the drink cover tops it all off giving a full authentic look to it. Now I can walk around "sipping" my smoothy doing mean things to TVs everywhere! :wink: Check out the photos! (sorry - they are rotated 90 degrees; took them with my phone in portrait orientation). Interested in seeing other good ideas for concealing the TVBG!
The TVBG as the unknowing world sees it.
The TVBG as the unknowing world sees it.
tvbg1.JPG (107.85 KiB) Viewed 2584 times
The TVBG positioned in the cup.  You can see the fake straw in the cup top next to the cup.
The TVBG positioned in the cup. You can see the fake straw in the cup top next to the cup.
tvbg2.JPG (107.75 KiB) Viewed 2584 times
Another shot showing the switch mounted on the side of the cup.  Just a simple momentary contact switch wired in parallel with the stock switch.  Removed the "button" cap from the switch to make it less conspicuous.
Another shot showing the switch mounted on the side of the cup. Just a simple momentary contact switch wired in parallel with the stock switch. Removed the "button" cap from the switch to make it less conspicuous.
tvbg3.JPG (112.53 KiB) Viewed 2584 times

MrHermit

Re: TV-B-Gone Concealment Project ;)

Post by MrHermit »

Yes no kidding, after trying the TV-B-Gone for the first time in public I felt a little out there holding this little gizmo out in the open.

I used an old no longer functioning iPhone that was given to me as a covert case for the TV-B-Gone. Unfortunately I had to cut an opening in the back of the case since the TBG components were too tall to fit in within the iPhones thickness (I had already soldered the device together, although someone starting from scratch could leave more room to fold over their components to reduce overall height).

Anyway, I had fun. Here is what it looks like. I connected the TVBGone's on buttong to the iPhones Home button as well. The LEDs are tilted out at an angle to help with the ability to hold the iPhone at a normal angle.
Enjoy,
IMG_20130112_165109.jpg
IMG_20130112_165109.jpg (58.34 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
IMG_20130112_165237.jpg
IMG_20130112_165237.jpg (94.14 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
IMG_20130112_165245.jpg
IMG_20130112_165245.jpg (76.91 KiB) Viewed 2164 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”