won't work

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kb1chu

won't work

Post by kb1chu »

I built the kit and tested it at the point in the manual asking to install the batteries and test the kit. The LED lit and the green LED flickered. I removed batteries and proceeded with the build. I checked all solder joints under magnification and powered it up. It did not work. All parts were checked for proper placement. Supplied power is 3.1 vdc to board measured at board + and - terminals. Any ideas Thanks

john444

Re: won't work

Post by john444 »

Hi KB,

What is this kit you built?

John

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

If you post photos of the front & back of the board we'll check it over.

kb1chu

Post by kb1chu »

I don't have a camera to submit photos now.I have checked part placement and have had a second person do so also.All solder joints has been retouched and have been checked under 6X magnification, they are good.The supply voltage is 3.1VDC and It does not vary with start up. I would like voltage test points or other troubleshooting hints if available prior to dis-assembly to the first live voltage test point.Steve

adafruit_support_bill

Do you still see the green light flash when powered up?
Double check the part numbers on the transistors. Q5 should be different from the other 4.
You will need a digital camera to verify whether there is any activity on the IR leds.

kb1chu

Post by kb1chu »

Q5 is in the correct place. there is no flashing of green LED now on button press or installation of batteries.It did flash at the time of the test during the early stage of construction. I have 3.1vdc to the board measured at the terminals on the board,The switch conducts when pressed. All components are placed correctly. I don't have a digital camera available at this time. I have Meters and a scope available. thanks Steve

adafruit_support_bill

Is anything getting warm? It is a fairly simple circuit downstream of the processor and the led drive circuit is separate from the green indicator led. If the green led is not flashing, either something is shorted or the processor is not running.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”