Wow this thing is effing amazing!

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nonstopred

Wow this thing is effing amazing!

Post by nonstopred »

Long post....BESTBUY FUN

Today me and my friend headed over to bestbuy. We thought we'd go in and just be out in like 15 minutes, but it was way too much fun. We did walkbys on the tv's (he has one also) and we shut em all off. Then the fun happened once they realized it and they started getting stools and stuff to turn them back on. As they were doing that...ADIOS....we shut them back off. The best is shutting off the games while people are playing them. Then shutting one off while the guy is explaining how technologically advanced these tvs are to like 6 people. Then we tested a range shot and we got one all the way from the other side of the store. We ended up being there for an hour. During the entire thing they were pondering what the heck was happening. Then we saw the geek squad guy come over and look at them...while he was looking at them we turned them on and off repeatedly and they got even more mad. weird they didn't suspect us, we were cracking up so much. So right before we left we went up to one of the sales guys and were like why on earth do these things keep shutting off. I cant pick the one out that I want. and hes like yeh it some electrical problem, we have someone coming over to fix it. Then we got into some conversation and while we were, my friend and I shut off the tvs that we were watching with the guy. and I was screaming GOD DARNIT THERE GOES ANOTHER ONE! The guy was alll aggravated. This was possibly the greatest fun I've ever had. Next stop....PCRICHARDS.

Also before bestbuy I was getting some xmas stuff in the mall and every 200 feet or so they have lcd's hanging from the cieling...ADIOS to ALL

nonstopred

Post by nonstopred »

I forgot...Later on tonight we went through town, and turned off tvs that people were watching in bars/restaurants, and then turned tvs on that were off inside places that were closed.

Tanner8

Post by Tanner8 »

Ya, prolly the funniest thing of my life. The stragglers you see in the picture were mostly from some random brand that they actually had alot of. I forgot what it was but I think it started with an 'I' and TV-B-Gone just couldn't take it.

nonstopred

Post by nonstopred »

Insignia

GeekMan

Post by GeekMan »

Nice. I love the idea of turning off the TVs hanging from the ceiling, as they are going to be a pain to turn back on (unless someone has the remote)

nickschmelzer

Thanks

Post by nickschmelzer »

I just ordered the kit. After reading your hilarious post - I cannot wait to build this thing. thanks for sharing!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”