almost working

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
calischs

almost working

Post by calischs »

I just soldered up my TV B Gone kit--quite a fun project. It's not working perfectly though, and I thought you might be able to give me some advice. When I hit the switch the green LED blinks just like it should. Also, the IR LEDs are firing because they show up in a digital photo. But when I point it at the TV (Panasonic) it doesn't do anything. I tried it with another TV and that one went to a menu screen but didn't turn off. Ideas? I'm pretty sure I have the right resonator (it says 800G 716 on it), though it's a different color than the one in the pictures. Any help you could give would be appreciated, and I can give more info/pics if needed.

vpapanik

Post by vpapanik »

The resonator is fine, I have the same one and works. I have also contacted support and told me that this is the correct resonator. Are you trying to switch off a european TV using the USA firmware maybe ?

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

Quite a likely possibility. If that is the case, you can grab an european firmware from http://www.BANNED.net/projects/tvbgo ... e_v1.1.zip (You will have to perfore some resistor mods, in order to reprogram the firmware.)

calischs

Post by calischs »

Thanks for the reply, but I'm in the US trying to turn of American TV's. Any other thoughts? My soldering looks clean to me. Could I have heat damaged any of the components and still have it functioning as well as it is?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

have you tried more than 2 tvs?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”