TV B Gone Vs Digital Camera

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
carl_retrotext

TV B Gone Vs Digital Camera

Post by carl_retrotext »

Hi everyone, this is my first post here,

I was looking at the work made by other contributors last week and it inspired me to get a Kit and try it myself.

I would like to share my case that I completed for the TV B Gone.

the LEDs conveniently lay where the sd card slot was and the on/off switch is the same size as the Tripod slot, the indicator light is used by the 'working' green LED The Shutter button activates the TV B Gone..

The Screen, Lens and the flash were glued back in, the 2xAAA battery chamber is now used by the TVBG.

As the case would not fold nicely over to close I cut a slit for the on off switch, this then gave me the idea to cut a long slot across for the LEDs, as the unit automatically starts the first cycle on switching on, the shutter only re-starts, you can operate TVBG without removing the camera from it's case.

I cut the PCB so I could retain the battery and the shutter switch, but allow me room to include the TVBG.

Here is the Wiring, I bent the green LED flat so it would shine through the flash ready lens in the front of the camera, I tacked the wires from the tac-switch the the shutter button.

I have posted these pictures from post image as the originals from myblog are too bog for here, but please feel free to visit and view them. :)

adafruit_support_bill

Re: TV B Gone Vs Digital Camera

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Nicely done! Thanks for posting :D

carl_retrotext

Re: TV B Gone Vs Digital Camera

Post by carl_retrotext »

adafruit_support_bill wrote:Nicely done! Thanks for posting :D
No problem, like most of the best projects we do, we did not know we were going to do them at all!
I saw the posts here last week and by saturday I was soldering my kit up.

Thanks for blogging it too, very chuffed with that :D

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”