Is there any whey to make tv b gone to : tv b on

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pksjaveed

Is there any whey to make tv b gone to : tv b on

Post by pksjaveed »

hey was wondering if you could resolder or reprogram it so you could be able to turn on tvs instead of turning off.... jus thought of it while sitting in class but i dont no where to get started

rabbidator

Post by rabbidator »

In theory, you need only change turn OFF codes and put ON codes in chip, don't know how in practice.

nutt318

Post by nutt318 »

I have the v1.1 and ive been testing it for about a week now and the 15-20 tvs that I have came across turned off. Yet the same 15-20 tvs will also turn back on when hitting the button again.

Some older tv's just have a single command on either turning on or off. So more than likely you will be able to turn them on as well.

Just my experience, anyone else experience the same?

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

nutt318 wrote:I have the v1.1 and ive been testing it for about a week now and the 15-20 tvs that I have came across turned off. Yet the same 15-20 tvs will also turn back on when hitting the button again.

Some older tv's just have a single command on either turning on or off. So more than likely you will be able to turn them on as well.

Just my experience, anyone else experience the same?
mine turns tv's on and off?

salsaman

Post by salsaman »

yeah mine turns my tv on as well.

thought of making a portable commercial skipper-- a button that turns a tv off and back on after 2 minutes and 30 seconds (skip 5 commercials) and another to skip 30 seconds (for single commercials). sort of like hitting the TiVo skip ahead five times or one time, except you can't skip ahead, so it just turns it off, waits, and turns it back on.

Hmmm....

Entropy

Post by Entropy »

Typically only higher end equipment has discrete on/off codes - so it's more common than not that the same "off" code used by TVBG is also the "on" code if the TV is off.

SneakyNeko

Post by SneakyNeko »

Look at it this way, when you press the power button on a tv remote, the same button will turn the TV off and on. The remote has no way of knowing weather the tv is on or not when you press the button, so it allways sends the same command and that commaned toggles the TV's power. Same idea for the TV-B-Gone, the TV-B-Gone will just as easally turn a TV off as it will turn a TV on (unless it's something really high-end like Entropy mentioned).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”