Button Question

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
achtbit

Button Question

Post by achtbit »

I've been a satisfied customer of the TV-B-Gone v2 and just recently v3. My university sent out repair people to deal with the flat panels that MTV2 "graciously" gave out. I bet they are wondering why they had no issues last semester (whilst abroad in Europe) and they've only recently returned.

I want to build a TV-B-Gone Kit and put it into a project box with a larger button. I'm going to have to run a wire to the edge of the project box to the board. Can anybody point me in the direction of a button that I could use instead of the default one?

Thanks for your help.

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

achtbit

Thanks

Post by achtbit »

I had been looking at those same ones actually. I just wanted to run it by someone with a little more expertise. Thanks a bunch!

CJM

Also cool: push-button and LED

Post by CJM »

In the German Onlineshop "BANNED Electronic" you can by an push-button with LED.

Problem: No Shipping to USA/Kanada

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

Kanada. I like that. :)

Those buttons are REALLY cool! Is the light always on or just when it's pushed? I supposed you could hook the LED up TO the switch, ha. I may need to buy some of those.

(Oh, and at Radioshack, if those are the ones you decide to use make SURE you get normally open! The little pins on the bottom are an 'O' shape on the normally open ones, the others are more flat. It will not work with the normally closed switch. Just saying that because most employees there can't tell the difference.)

CJM

Post by CJM »

Replace the green LED an it is the status LED.

I will buy it 4 the Hammound case (http://www.hammondmfg.com/1553colors.htm), when BANNED can Import them

achtbit

Question About Soldering Button

Post by achtbit »

@magician131434

The buttons you linked to at Radioshack are the ones I'm going to use. How did you solder them to the PCB? The board has four holes for the normal button. Can you possibly show me how you did it?

I've ordered my TV-B-Gone kit and it should be here this week. I haven't soldered an electronics kit together since highschool. I'm stoked.

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

I never got a kit, I just made mine from scratch and you can't solder it to the board, as the pins are too big, but run wires to the switch from these two holes:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”