Making TVBGone from MiniPOV3 mod schematics help...

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
purpulhaze

Making TVBGone from MiniPOV3 mod schematics help...

Post by purpulhaze »

OK I decided to make my own TVBGone from the Minipov3 mod schematics. I figured I would go this route since I had a tiny2313 from my minipov kit. I went to Skycraft here in Orlando and got all the parts including a perfect case to put it all in for $5.00.
I believe I got all the right parts but I'm not sure. From the schematics I couldn't tell if D1 and D2 where LEDs or standard (non LED) diodes. Not sure but I thought LEDs are suppose to be marked with a couple of arrows.
I'm also not sure where to add the push button and or a switch. Any help would be gladdy appreciated.

http://www.tvbgone.com/mfaire/tvbgone/tvbgone_schem.pdf

***One more thing. Has anyone thought of modding a TVBGone to also be used as a jammer?***

jasonx

Re: Making TVBGone from MiniPOV3 mod schematics help...

Post by jasonx »

purpulhaze wrote:***One more thing. Has anyone thought of modding a TVBGone to also be used as a jammer?***
It should be as easy as writing new firmware for the arv but I would not have a clue how to do it ?
How a jammer works http://www.instructables.com/id/SWPD8KEF82EZBTB/

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

I don't think you can make a universal jammer, doesn't it need to be the right frequency? There are several different frequencies, so you could only do one... maybe. I'm probably wrong, though.

jasonx

Post by jasonx »

I had a small keyring jammer like this one http://www.stupid.com/stat/JAMR.html
It worked well :lol: with tv's but would not block sky (uk satellite tv)
There must be a common (ish) carrier wave or these toys would not work at all

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

Ooh, nice! I guess I'm wrong again.

opossum

Post by opossum »

Most remotes are 36 to 40 kHz, so strong 38 kHz will interfere with them.

In general....

Philips - 36 kHz
Sony - 40 kHz
RCA - 56 kHz
B&O - 455 kHz

Almost everything else - 38 kHz
Last edited by opossum on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jasonx

Post by jasonx »

magician13134 wrote:Ooh, nice! I guess I'm wrong again.
:D Your not wrong there are different frequency's but there must be one that is more common then the rest or these toys would not work.
Or maybe a centre frequency transmitting a strong blocking signal say 36khz for example is enough to block frequency's above and below itself :? I don't know I'm only guessing

edit oPossum beat me to it :D

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

What if you flipped through the frequencies real fast? Like, hit a 36, 38, 40, 56, then 455?

Would that not work?

purpulhaze

Post by purpulhaze »

jasonx wrote:
purpulhaze wrote:***One more thing. Has anyone thought of modding a TVBGone to also be used as a jammer?***
It should be as easy as writing new firmware for the arv but I would not have a clue how to do it ?
How a jammer works http://www.instructables.com/id/SWPD8KEF82EZBTB/
I'm not sure either about writing the firmware so that it could do both. So I'm thinking of maybe adding another small board with the necessary parts along with some extra switches and button to my box.

opossum

Post by opossum »

purpulhaze wrote:From the schematics I couldn't tell if D1 and D2 where LEDs or standard (non LED) diodes.
D1, D2 and D3 are 3 Volt zener diodes. They limit the voltage from the serial port to prevent damage to the microcontroller.
I'm also not sure where to add the push button and or a switch. Any help would be gladdy appreciated.
You can add a switch in series with the battery.

opossum

Post by opossum »

magician13134 wrote:What if you flipped through the frequencies real fast? Like, hit a 36, 38, 40, 56, then 455?

Would that not work?
I think it would. Maybe 300 uS for each.

B&O requires a very precise frequency, so a 3.64 or 7.28 MHz crystal would have to be used to be most effective.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”