simple European firmware

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jasonx

simple European firmware

Post by jasonx »

Is there a simple European firmware floating about I have searched but cant find one.
I'm making a single sided( oPossom's design ) tv-b-gone for a friend and I would like something similar to the us firmware that comes with the kit
For example no double click stuff and perhaps just the top 50 codes.

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

I will modify the lastest released 1.1 firmware as required, removing all of the double-click stuff and everything.

jasonx

Post by jasonx »

BANNED wrote:I will modify the lastest released 1.1 firmware as required, removing all of the double-click stuff and everything.
Thank you that would be great :D
Is it easy to learn how to do ?

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

Actually if you have any experience coding, you should be able to understand it. I would actually print out a copy of the code, then using a pencil, draw lines and arrows showing the flow of control (the order in which the program executes). after you do that, modifying it to fit your needs is pretty simple as long as you don't need to add anything. Deleting things is MUCH easier than adding new things, since you don't need to know how it works (for the most part) to delete things.

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

Firmware mod complete.

Version 1.0 hardware
Version 1.1 hardware

It is still possible to check the firmware region. If the codes start transmitting on battery insertion right away, then remove the batteries, and wait 5 seconds, and reinsert the batteries. It should then blink fast 4 times, then slow just once. After one second, it will blink slow 3 more times, if NA/Asia or 6 times if Europe.

If batteries are remove and inserted too quickly, it will be detected as a brownout instead, and flash 4 times quickly followed by 2 slow blinks.

jasonx

Post by jasonx »

:D excellent thank you very much I will give them a go when I get home from work tonight

edit I cant get the link for the version 1.1 to work

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

On the error page it gives a link to the correct file though.

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

jasonx wrote:edit I cant get the link for the version 1.1 to work
DOH!!! I forgot to change the format to zip.

jasonx

Post by jasonx »

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”