Hmm, wires

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
magician13134

Hmm, wires

Post by magician13134 »

On kits like this where the board is just taped to the battery holder, I always have problems with the battery wire snapping right at the board. I was thinking of putting a dab of hot glue right there to hold them in place, does anyone have any ideas/suggestions? Thanks

jasonx

Post by jasonx »

If you are using the 1.1 kit you could also use a small cable tie (zip tie) in the hole on the corner of the board to hold the wires tight and prevent them being pulled out.

If it is your own design of board you could add two slightly larger holes close to the battery points and loop the wire through these and then in to the solder holes.
Like this

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

The EHP board doesn't have room for that :( I like the idea, though.

I guess I'll give the hot glue a shot later and let you guys know how that goes. Thanks again

opossum

Post by opossum »

Hot glue works well.

Crimped PCB pins or crimped power connectors (like RC stuff) are another option. A soldered connector (without good strain releif) can have the same brittle stress point problem as when wires are soldered to the PCB. Your car does not have any soldered connectors in the harness - a proper crimp is better.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”