AAA Batteries vs Lithium Ion

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tronix

AAA Batteries vs Lithium Ion

Post by tronix »

I built one inside an old cell phone for stealthy use and used 3 AAA batteries. It did not take long before the range diminished. I have a spare rechargable 3.7v 900ma Lithium Ion battery. Would they put out enough current? I have solar charged these before and the solar cell and battery just fits where the phone display was. I will keep it in a cupholder in my truck and it will be always ready to go. Thanks Ladyada for a project we all have a lot of fun with. :roll:

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

a 3.7v lithium ion battery will def be able to supply the current. and its enough voltage.

rockcrusher

Post by rockcrusher »

I just changed the 3 AAA' to a nokia 3.7 rechargeable battery. I very carefully soldiered a 1/2 inch length of soldier wick to both terminals then routed wires from the circuit to the battery, held in place with good tape. the battery still fits in the cell phone for charging without removing any wires. With a friend today at Costco and shut off a telli at a measured distance of 156 feet=:D= . thanx for all the fun=:lol:=were having here in the great white north=Rob

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”