adaboot question

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sonictj

adaboot question

Post by sonictj »

I sent out for a prototype PCB that will be compatible with the arduino mega. I plan to use chips other than the atmega1280 though, such as the atmega2560, and atmega640. I would like to modify the adaboot bootloader to suit this family of microcontrollers.

1) Will you permit me to use your software. I am planning on making a product from my design.

2) I did a test to see if I could modify the code to work, but I received an error in avr studio stating I didn't have a required elf file. I think I'm capable of modding the code myself, but if you have any pointers I'd appreciate it. I mostly just need to know what is meant by an elf file is missing.

P.S. Just ti let you know, if I had gotten the code to work I would have still asked permission to use it.

Thanks

adafruit

Re: adaboot question

Post by adafruit »

the code is open source i belive it is GPL'd so you can use it if you keep your code GPL'd
however, i dont have lots of time so you'll have to port it yourself!

sonictj

Re: adaboot question

Post by sonictj »

I got a version of ADABoot supporting the Atmega640, and I'm able to upload sketches in the arduino environment. I had to modify the core to recognize the 640, but thats it on the arduino side. I attached the code if you want it.
Attachments
atmega640_boot.zip
ADABoot with support for ATmega640 by Tim Martin
(12.4 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”