Arduino + Ethernet shield

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
noloman

Arduino + Ethernet shield

Post by noloman »

Hello everyone!

I bought an Ethernet shield and I am trying to make it work and connect it to internet.
Apparently and following the instructions, I got the XPort Direct working -it has an IP in my net and I can ping it- but I can't do what I had planned to do with it: posting to twitter and to pachube; I always get a timeout error.
I guess it's a IP address issue, but I don't know what else to do, because I followed the instructions.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Franklin97355

Re: Arduino + Ethernet shield

Post by Franklin97355 »

Ideas? Yes. Post your code so we can see where you went wrong. Others are doing this so we know it works.

noloman

Re: Arduino + Ethernet shield

Post by noloman »

Well no matter what code I use, but it seems it cannot connect to internet.
I have configured it as the manual says, even wired like it, but still there's no connection to internet -nevertheless, I can ping the XPort from my computer.

Even using the Lantronix program, it says online, correct IP address and gateway...and I was wondering, is there any other way to know if the XPort is ok and working? Is there anything else I have to do to configure the XPort? In the configuration via telnet I didn't change much, but IP to 0.0.0.0, the correct gateway of my network and not much else.

Thanks in advance!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”