Atmega32u4bb Kicad Schematic

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kasbah

Atmega32u4bb Kicad Schematic

Post by kasbah »

Thanks to Adafruit's Eagle Lib and the eagle2kicad ULP and Circuitbee's Eagle2Kicad conversion script (first for the libs second for the schematic), I converted the Atmega32u4 BB+ schematic to Kicad. I had to replace all the power symbols as they somehow showed up as their own components. I also associated all the components to the right footprints.

I am not going to place and route the PCB. Right now it is just a blob of all the components. But it should be a good starting point for people who have prototyped something using this Board (or the Teensy I guess) and who want to make their own PCB using Kicad. I packaged the whole project folder, with everything you need, in a zip.

vputz

Re: Atmega32u4bb Kicad Schematic

Post by vputz »

Over a year later: you, sir, are my hero. I want you to know this. You've just saved me hours of work.

kasbah

Post by kasbah »

Thanks! Let me know if you find any problems. I ended up removing most of these components except for the oscillator, some caps and the programming header when I got to making my own PCB.

vputz

Post by vputz »

Coincidentally me too, as I'm powering via USB and didn't need the VR and associated circuitry... but I left a few things on I probably didn't need (that blasted 10uf cap comes to mind... I still don't really know a) why it's there and b) why you couldn't use an 0805-sized non-electrolytic cap). Still, the important part is that it worked! I'm very grateful.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”