TFT LCD display with pic16f876a

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
simonen

TFT LCD display with pic16f876a

Post by simonen »

Hi to all
I bought this display:

http://www.adafruit.com/products/358

I downloaded the C library written for arduino for this display, but in the tutorial is written that this library works for any microcontrollers.
I want to use a pic16f876a to drive this display, is possible? How I modify the library?

Thanks to all

adafruit_support_bill

Re: TFT LCD display with pic16f876a

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

but in the tutorial is written that this library works for any microcontrollers.
What it says is:
The code is written in C/C++ for Arduino but is easy to port to any microcontroller by rewritting the low level pin access functions.
You will need to go through Adafruit_ST7735.cpp and change the Atmega/Arduino pin mappings, and low-level reads and writes to work with your microcontroller's architecture.

simonen

Post by simonen »

Thanks for the answer, I have an another question, in Adafruit_ST7735.cpp there are many includes (for example avr/pgmspace.h, limits.h and so on), I need this library or not? and where I download this?
Sorry for my ignorance, but this is my first approach to programming.
Thanks

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The AVR includes contain definitions that are specific to the AVR/Atmega processors used in the Arduino. You will probably need some equivalent for the PIC. I don't work with PICs myself, but there are some PIC programmers on this forum from time to time and they might be able to tell you what those are.
this is my first approach to programming
You picked a challenging project to start with! :)

simonen

Post by simonen »

Thank you so much, you are right, maybe these project is too difficult for me, but I hope that some PIC programmer help me

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”