Adafruit motor shield + Olimexino STM32

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Tirelessdrone

Adafruit motor shield + Olimexino STM32

Post by Tirelessdrone »

Has anyone ever used the motor shield with an Olimexino STM32? I'm using an arduino Uno right now and it works, but I have an olimex board lying around that I would love to use for this. It's specs are superior to the Uno and it would make a much better board for a project such as mine(2 axis engraver). It has built in SD card, faster processor, noise immunity, wider range of input voltages, the list goes on. This is not something I'm trying to do at the moment, just thinking about it at this stage and thought I'd ask.

As an aside, I also have the possibly impossible desire to interface the Adafruit shield with EMC2. I have some ideas on how to do it, but haven't gotten that far yet. Just ordered a couple of the 1A H-bridge chips to replace the L239's and have some other things that need to be done before I get to interfacing with EMC2. Again, just thought I'd see what you guys thought of the idea.

Having built driver boards from scratch in the past for stepper motor projects this shield is like magic. I was pretty shocked when I stuck the wires in there with no particular order other than making sure the wires were paired correctly. Then copy pasta from the example page and it worked. Amazing and cool. If it weren't for the L239s getting hot enough to light a BANNED in about 5 seconds everything would be perfect. Well, that and the DC motor sketch does not reverse the motor the way it should. But I will spend some time trying to figure that out before I bug you guys with it, besides I don't need that capability atm.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”