Finger print sensor Library

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ratheeshbr

Finger print sensor Library

Post by ratheeshbr »

I am using adafruit/Adafruit-Fingerprint-Sensor-Library for interfacing with arduino. I am getting an ID in which I have stored the template from the scanner. Is it possible to get a value representing the image taken by the scanner? I am having two finger print scanners and I have to get the same value out for the same finger from both sensors. Is it possible to get?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Finger print sensor Library

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

I'm not sure I understand the question. Can't you simply use the same ID when enrolling the finger on each sensor?

ratheeshbr

Post by ratheeshbr »

No,
In this project the second sensor is in a different module and what I want is to write the specific code obtained from the first finger print scanner to smart card and it should match with the output from the second sensor.
Is it possible?

adafruit_support_rick

The ID number that you get back from reading a fingerprint is a number that you enter when you enroll the finger.

You're going to have to enroll each finger on each sensor separately. Just use the same ID number on each sensor.

ratheeshbr

Post by ratheeshbr »

The second sensor will be at a common place so that there will not be a database . I want to write the code generated from the first finger to a smart card and as a proof of this smart card not being used by another person, I want the same code generated from the second finger print also.

Is is possible sir?

adafruit_support_rick

There is no central database for these things. It's all internal to the unit. You show it a finger and assign an ID. That's called 'enrolling'. You have to repeat this process for each sensor you plan to use.

Every person you authorize will have to be enrolled twice - once at each sensor. Assign them the same ID at both sensors.

ratheeshbr

Post by ratheeshbr »

Thnx for the reply

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”