A few questions

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
krevanserkay

A few questions

Post by krevanserkay »

Hi,

I'm looking into buying a few FLORA Accelerometer/Compass sensors and was wondering if you could answer a few beginner questions for me.

1. I own a lilypad arduino 328 main board, and was wondering if the sensors would be compatible with my device

2. How would I go about connecting to and reading from multiple sensors to a single main board? The tutorial mentions connecting multiple sensors, but the FLORA only has 1 scl and 1 sda pin.

Thank you,
Krevan

adafruit_support_bill

Re: A few questions

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I own a lilypad arduino 328 main board, and was wondering if the sensors would be compatible with my device
We have not tested that configuration, but it should work.
2. How would I go about connecting to and reading from multiple sensors to a single main board? The tutorial mentions connecting multiple sensors, but the FLORA only has 1 scl and 1 sda pin.
I2C is a bus architecture. All the devices on the bus share the SDA and SCL lines. You can have as many devices on the bus as you want, as long as they each have a unique i2c address.

krevanserkay

Post by krevanserkay »

Thank you for your quick reply.

More specifically then, is there a way to change the I2C addresses on LSM303 devices, or would I need an i2c multiplexor in order to use these devices. I read that it might be possible to overwrite the address in the onboard memory, but there's no mention in the datasheet of pins to modulate the address, or ways to edit the memory.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I am not aware of any way to change the address on the LSM303. There are hardware workarounds such as the TI TCA9548A. You can also use software i2c. http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13722

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”