Flora, Library

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
whiskytango

Flora, Library

Post by whiskytango »

hello all,

I'm building a bicycle turn signal using the flora, neopixels, accelerometer, and capacitive 2 touch sensors for an electromechanical devices class.

My new flora and a few parts arrived in the mail today. I've downloaded the adafruit arduino software and switched the board setting to flora. My questions is this. Earlier tonight under sketch/import library there were options for adding the LSM303, neopixels, and capacitive touch sensor library. Now I still see neopixels and some other libraries, but the others are gone. What am I missing?

I took C for engineers and Matlab a few years ago, and haven't needed it again until now. :?

software is the arduino v1.0.5. from the flora page.

Any help, would be much appreciated,
wt

Franklin97355

Re: Flora, Library

Post by Franklin97355 »

Earlier tonight under sketch/import library
Could you post a link to this? You can go to Adafruit github and get the libraries. There should also be links on the product pages for the items.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Are you saying that libraries that were previously installed, don't appear in the menu? This can happen if you are switching between versions of the Arduino IDE (e.g. the Flora version and the regular version) and you don't have your libraries installed in the right location. See this guide for where to install libraries so that doesn't happen:

http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-all- ... nstall-use

michaelmeissner

Post by michaelmeissner »

Another thing I discovered today, if you move your own code to a library, the .ino or .pde file needs to include the include files that are used by your libraries.

I had written a wrapper on EEPROM for my Uno/Teensy/Trinket (yeah, I know the Flora doesn't have EEPROM, but it is more the principal) to save/restore things in EEPROM. In particular, I wanted to every so often save the # of milliseconds so I could determine how long the microprocessor ran on batteries.

Anyway, in my library .h file I added #include <EEPROM.h> and also in the .cpp file, but I didn't put it in the .ino file. I got 'could not find EEPROM.h errors' because the Arduino IDE gathers everything thing it thinks is needed for the build into a directory, and it didn't pick up that I needed the EEPROM library.

whiskytango

Post by whiskytango »

Ok Guys, Thanks for the input.

Yesterday, to make sure all the software was current, I reinstalled the IDE so I'm sure that's how I managed to alter the libraries.

Using the library how-to guide, I've now reinstalled everything I need from Github.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”