error loading Snapshot sketch for VC0706 camera

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
denzilt

error loading Snapshot sketch for VC0706 camera

Post by denzilt »

I am having some problems loading the Snapshot sketch for the VC0706 camera

I am using the Arduino UNO with the version 1.0.5 IDE
The error message I recieve is 'Adafruit_VC0706' does not name a type
In function setup()

adafruit_support_bill

Re: error loading Snapshot sketch for VC0706 camera

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Adafruit_VC0706' does not name a type
This means that the library was not found in the expected location. Make sure it is installed in the right place: http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-all- ... nstall-use

denzilt

Post by denzilt »

Thanks for your help on the last on my last post. It seems like I am one step further a long to getting my camera working. I can taste it. after trying your suggestion I no longer get the same error. Now I have a compiler error

C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp: In function 'void spiSend(uint8_t)':
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp:35: error: 'SPI' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp: In function 'uint8_t spiRec()':
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp:44: error: 'SPI' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t Sd2Card::init(uint8_t, uint8_t)':
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp:251: error: 'SPI' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t Sd2Card::setSckRate(uint8_t)':
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp:507: error: 'SPI' was not declared in this scope

I notice that there is a directory call to the subfolder src under the SD folder which is not present on my subfolder. Would you suggest that I create the subfolder of try to find were that subfolder is being called from ?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I notice that there is a directory call to the subfolder src under the SD folder which is not present on my subfolder. Would you suggest that I create the subfolder of try to find were that subfolder is being called from ?
Not sure what directory call you are referring to, but no. The only subfolders in the SD library folder are Utility and Examples.

The sketch should compile fine with the standard SD library in the Arduino IDE install. What version of the IDE are you using? It is possible that your install is corrupted. You can try re-installing the IDE.

richteel

Post by richteel »

I just ran into the same errors with the SD Library as denzilt.
...Sd2Card.cpp:35: error: 'SPI' was not declared in this scope...
I had just updated the IDE to 1.5.5(r2). The same code that compiled fine earlier gave me the errors.

The fix is to add an additional include statement to the Arduino Sketch.

Code: Select all

#include <SPI.h>   //Needed for IDE version 1.5+
#include <SD.h>

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Good catch.. thank you for posting that.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”