Where do we get a FadeCandy?

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
longred

Where do we get a FadeCandy?

Post by longred »

Great tutorial about the FadeCandy as used with the NeoPixels 8x8 array. However, there is a noticeable lack of a source to purchase the FadeCandy... I have found one site (Tindie) with a waiting list. When does adafruit plan to carry these? Is there someplace that is carrying them now?
I am looking forward to trying this out, I have a project with approximately 1700 pixels that this might be a solution for.
Thanks for your Help.

Franklin97355

Re: Where do we get a FadeCandy?

Post by Franklin97355 »

Interesting device, in her blog she says you can run the firmware on a Teensy 3 to get started.

gwerhart0800

Post by gwerhart0800 »

franklin97355 wrote:Interesting device, in her blog she says you can run the firmware on a Teensy 3 to get started.
The fadecandy firmware does run in the Teensy 3.0. (It will not run on the newer 3.1.) Teensy 3.0 is not long for the world. It does work for the fadecandy firmware ... at least through version 1.06. (I have not been able to get the 1.07 firmware to load, but that could be pilot error.)

Micah (creator of Fadecandy) has indicated that Adafruit would be sourcing the boards in the future.

So, the question is when will Adafruit being bringing the boards out?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I have no idea where that is in the sourcing/production schedule, and we've learned to announce products when they're ready.

To quote Shigeru Miyamoto, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." We want to make good stuff, and the announcements come when we think it's good. ;-)

gwerhart0800

Post by gwerhart0800 »

Mike ... just knowing that Adafruit is planning to source them is enough for the moment. I have one Teensy 3.0 and just ordered 2 more to tide me over until the Fadecandy boards are back.

Thanks for confirming this!

George

bcormack

Post by bcormack »

Adafruit !!!! Your killing me!

I have been waiting 4 weeks for the next batch of fadecandy, I finally received an email
and the second I got off the subway - none in stock... Im dying...

I need 4 of these to start, and my wishlist grows...

PLEEEEEEEEASE get these back in stock fast and if I cant pre-purchase it, how else do
I ensure my order of these (and my pile of other stuff) all at the same time????

I couldnt find a phone number other than a fax, so I couldnt even call it in...
Im dying...

Adafruit is the single most kewlest place I have seen in over twenty years of being a tech,
and I wanted to thank you for all the great ideas, gadgets, and gizmos !

EDIT: I'M ALIVE !!! I watched emails and website like a HAWK and got the order in a few days after my original post!
Bradley.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”