Programing

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kenb3

Programing

Post by kenb3 »

Hi! I was wondering if it's possible to program a PAX32a chip using C as you would with an ATiny 2313 or similar chip?

Franklin97355

Re: Programing

Post by Franklin97355 »

I Googled PAX32a and did not come up with any data that would help. Do you have data on the PAX and compilers for it? If there is a c compiler for the PAX chip then you can use c to program it. But you will have to use the compiler directives and linker that come with that and they probably will not be the same as for Atmel chips.

kenb3

Post by kenb3 »

Ok, I get it now ... no .pdf allowed. However here is the data link.
http://www.parallax.com/catalog/data

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Sorry Parallax has nothing when searching on PAX. Could you link to the exact part you are talking about? If you are talking about the propeller chip there is a c compiler for that.

kenb3

Post by kenb3 »

I mangled ID of Propeller chip ... P8X32A-D40 is what it should be. I would use a breadboard and an UNO 3 to program it but need to know which pins to hook up on the Propeller. Eventually I'd want to create a new boot loader and be able to run arduino sketches and examples.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

In that case you will fail. The two chips are hardware incompatible and the Parallax chip does not use a bootloader. Also the Parallax chip would need an EPROM for the program and a clocking source to work on the breadboard. Check the Parallax site for more info on programming methods.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”