Teensy 3.1 Dead after 1 week.

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chcguy88

Teensy 3.1 Dead after 1 week.

Post by chcguy88 »

I am not sure where to submit this to but my Teensy 3.1 board has just randomly stopped working. The lights all work and I am able to get
power to it, but it will not connect via usb to anything. It seems that I received a delayed lemon.I have tried connecting to a mac, desktop (windows 7), and laptop (windows 8.1) - all of which wont connect with drivers installed too. This is after connecting reliably for a whole week and it controlling a light strand of neopixels.

It doesn't even show up in device manager. I have tried holding down the button while plugging into usb, connecting the lead to the reset point on the back of the chip, restarting windows/mac. It no longer shows up on the pc/mac. This is after I ran a normal blink program to my led strip (cylon).

I tried emailing for a replacement but I was asked to post here.

I hope I can get this resolved soon, because this is for an event coming up. I might not have enough time to finish the project if I can't get this working/replaced.

Thanks for any help!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Teensy 3.1 Dead after 1 week.

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

For the sake of building the casefile, could you post a photo of the hardware when the Teensy stopped working please?

chcguy88

Post by chcguy88 »

Here it is.

chcguy88

Post by chcguy88 »

adafruit_support_mike wrote:For the sake of building the casefile, could you post a photo of the hardware when the Teensy stopped working please?
Is the picture enough for the case file?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That should be fine. The solder joints are clean, and I don't see any cross-connections that might cause a USB failure.

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will get you a replacement.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”