Trinket 5v works, but not the 3v

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jeleed

Trinket 5v works, but not the 3v

Post by jeleed »

I have a trinket 5v working fine on my windows 8.1 PC. Windows recognizes it fine, I can program it without issue, etc. I have another trinket, this one 3v, that windows will simply not recognize. I have read every blog, forum, etc. and tried everything. In device manager windows is saying the the device is unrecognized. If I unplug it and immediately plug in the 5v it works fine. I tried re-flashing the bootloader - no difference. Are the windows USB drivers different for the 5 and 3 volts? I wouldn't think so but the only other alternative I can think of is my 3v is defective. Please help, anyone.

jeleed

Re: Trinket 5v works, but not the 3v

Post by jeleed »

So much for:

"Technical support is provided in the Adafruit customer forums for all Adafruit customers by our dedicated team of engineers and staff. We will answer questions immediately, additionally a community of experts may also chime in to offer additional tips, tricks and how-tos."

brucef

Post by brucef »

Support from the community for the combination of Windows 8.1 and Trinket is going to be a bit thin, I expect. I happen to have both, but only my Trinket is working. Go figure.

As for official support, there's an actual forum here specifically for Trinkets. It's under the section "Supported Products and Projects", instead of down here in the more general "Electronics" section. If you're in a hurry, perhaps Adafruit staff would pick up on your issue faster if you posted there instead?

jeleed

Post by jeleed »

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure where to post this. Thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”