Touchscreen Breakout Board

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
davewalden

Touchscreen Breakout Board

Post by davewalden »

I am very new to Arduino, but I currently designed and built a 3 axis cnc machine, I am currently running a 5-axis breakout board with a cheap display attached, I would like to use a touchscreen breakout board instead. How would I go about wiring a TFT LCD (PRODUCT ID: 1770) to my current setup?

Nothing I am running is Arduino based, and like I said, I am new to this type of modification.

Please help or provide any advice in how I would go about doing this, i have attached the current breakout board display that I am using, I want something more attractive and intuitive.

Thank you!
Dave
Attachments
Current Display (Breakout Board)
Current Display (Breakout Board)
display.JPG (20.73 KiB) Viewed 425 times

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Touchscreen Breakout Board

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

We have a tutorial on using that display with an Arduino
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-2-d ... reakout-v2

What you really need to know is what the data coming into the Arduino from the controller will look like. Do you have any specs on this?

davewalden

Post by davewalden »

Well thats the thing, I am not currently using an Arduino controller.. Is there a way for me to replace the low grade display in the image with the touchscreen display.

OR, if possible, what would I need to replace that breakout board altogether? It is a 5-axis board that my 3 stepper motors are currently connected to. It is all Mach 3 based.

davewalden

Post by davewalden »

This is the Board itself, if you see in the lower left it looks like I can use a couple different options for the display.. Would this be possible to connect one of the Adafruit displays?
Display Options.jpg
Display Options.jpg (108.29 KiB) Viewed 418 times

adafruit_support_rick

I have no idea what would be involved in replacing that display. It looks like a graphic LCD, and it will have a completely different controller chip than the TFT. You would have to reprogram the controller somehow.

adafruit_support_rick

The thing on the lower left looks like a serial connection to a PC. So, if you knew what that data format looked like, you could program an Arduino to act the same as the PC and and display the data on the TFT. But you're not going to simply attach the screen someplace and have it work.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”