Need help..Random problems..

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
killa-x

Need help..Random problems..

Post by killa-x »

I'm getting clock errors when i try to do anything to my chip such as write and read. It was working fine but I always had to hold a pin on the breadboard because it would touch another pin causing it to not write. Randomly, I couldn't get it to work. So I remade the connections and still got no results. I ended up changing a fuse bit to a internal clk (like it use to be) instead of a 16Mhz crystal external. I keep getting the long error window saying "check the connections" "ISP might be 1/4 lower Hz than the crystal" and so on. Changing it to over 900Khz did nothing. Can someone check my connections here?

(using AVRStudio)
I coded my wires to my last connection. The lowest line is First (left on chip) and the highest line is last (right on chip)
(Chip = ATMEGA644)
http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0140c.jpg

It's hard to tell, but the 2nd highest is going to the 2nd to the right. it's the + terminal.

I never really changed my connections, and I was never FULLY sure i have my connections right since i got lost about my pins coming out of my programmer. I figured the red cable to end up as Miso. Which so far has worked.

Is there any way to reset a chip... Im thinking when I set the fusebit to int, i screwed it up and I can't get it to work since. Usually it was a simple Miso+Mosi touching = Cant program. Nothing touching. :( Help D:

killa-x

Re: Need help..Random problems..

Post by killa-x »

I found that I can program my ATTINY2313 fine. Yet i cant my ATMEGA644.

This is either because:
A: Pin mix, so many out there!
B: Bad clk speed somehow. I do get messages about checking connections and make sure the speed is 1/4 less than the crystal...

C: Dead chip

Many times in the past i accidently made it hot. Yet it always seem to work fine. May need to consider a new one :(

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”