XBee shield UNO tribulations

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
illacom

XBee shield UNO tribulations

Post by illacom »

Hi everybody,
The problem I have is communication between XBee (on the USB explorer connected to my PC) and the XBee (on the XBee Wireless Shield mounted on the UNO).
If anyone can help me with that step I would really appreciate it.
The XBees (versions) and parts I ordered are the same as in this Instructable, so I'm sure it's not a hardware problem because it works there. When i was assembling the XBee shield all i soldered was the shield stacking headers, and my UNO is straight out of the box (no jumpers or extras)

Here is my current XBee setup, first for the coordinator(PC) and second for XBee (UNO), both have the latest firmware. and identical Baud rates on the XBees and serial port COM7
Here is a video showing that I think that the XBees are paired correctly because when I type out commands in the X-CTU terminal the red LED (DOUT) on XBee shield blinks faintly, so there must be some signals getting through.
ImageVIDEO ON PICASA
But when I try to upload a simple 'Blink' sketch to the UNO I get this error
I tried it with Shield set to either "DLINE" or "UART" & power cycling between takes, still same error

I'm sure my arduino program is set correctly, when i connect through USB everything works as expected:
I'm really at my wits-end, can you please take a look and tell me if there are any differences from your setup or any steps I might have missed? (let me know if the links are broken,)

Thanks in advance guys , any help would be appreciated. :D

adafruit

Re: XBee shield UNO tribulations

Post by adafruit »

hiya,

we would love to assist you, but these are the adafruit customer support forums for our customers who buy from and support adafruit. these are all sparkfun products, you should post this in their forums and/or contact sparkfun for support.

thanks!
adafruit

illacom

Post by illacom »

I did buy some components from Adafruit, 2 weeks ago, granted there aren't any being used in this post except for the header pins. I did post the same question on sparkfun forums, but so far no response. I don't think it's a hardware issue, it looks like i'm just messing up my setup somehow ...Either way, I apologize for the mistake.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

no apology needed at all! you're free to post here, someone might have some suggestions!

cheers,
adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”