saving and fading programable led colors on arduino?

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Fundrick

saving and fading programable led colors on arduino?

Post by Fundrick »

ok new to arduino and just found adafruit and I'm looking to set up a arduino to fade leds between colors both randomly or custom colors I select....is there some common code that's already been written that I can steel? Seems like this has to have been done already so just thought I'd ask :D

tyggerjai

Re: saving and fading programable led colors on arduino?

Post by tyggerjai »

It's lesson #3 in the tutorial, in fact: http://www.ladyada.net/learn/arduino/lesson3.html

I think lesson 2 is interfacing with switches. You can save the switch state to the eeprom - not sure if that's covered in the tutes, but as far as I know it's about as simple as incuding the eeprom library, and then using eeprom.write() and eeprom.read(). Custom colors can just be saved in normal program code.

So yes, code exists, but you might have to write a little glue.

Fundrick

Post by Fundrick »

hummm....eeprom...haven't run into that yet in tutes what's it do, and where can I find more stuff like it :P

Im looking to get alittle more complicated than in #3....so far I'm controlling a rgb led through 3 pots and am going to put in a clicky to "record" the output to a color list (think I can handle that...not sure how to do the "list" part yet though) where i'm stuck is getting it to fade between colors on the list I haven't run into anything in tutes like that yet :( and I'm bran new to this hole programming thingy (more on the artistic side) but having fun with my new toy....it's just life keeps getting in the way :( ok not much of a life, but it seems to take up ALOT of time lol so if i can cut any corners learning code i'm all for it....that's y i figured someone prob already did this somewhere and maybe i could just use theirs, u know someone that's been doing this longer than 1 week lol

Fundrick

Post by Fundrick »

Oh yea I forgot I also need a random # generator so I can switch to a mode where it dose random colors instead of saved ones....it has to b here somewhere....maybe a library, I'm learning about those now in tute #4 ;)

Fundrick

Post by Fundrick »

lol ok got the fade thing figured out with operators (sorry bout the noob posts lol)(prob get booted soon lol)

still trying to figure out the list though....I can serial print the output of the pots but is there a way to save the list and access it?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You could add a Data Logger shield and save it to a file on an SD card.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”