Sensors- Make remote controls and listeners

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Wizzard

Sensors- Make remote controls and listeners

Post by Wizzard »

Hello all, I'm a noob at this stuff. I am trying to do the arduino remote control circuit as described I the article referenced in my subject heading. I have been successful at turning on and off my TV. However, I can't seem to be able to make my audio receiver respond. I was able to decode the remote as described. I am using a high power output IR LED at 940 nm. The sketch pulses the carrier frequency at 38 KHz. Any thoughts? Do I need to transmit on a different wavelength or frequency? The receiver is a Yamaha RX-V365. I can't seem to find any technical details about the remote that I can work with. Thanks to anyone with ideas. For now, I'll just have fun with my TV.

danz

Re: Sensors- Make remote controls and listeners

Post by danz »

Hi, I'm having a related problem, and it might be that you/we have to look more closely at the IR output, like with an oscilloscope, because there may be more kinds of data events going on than the simple sketch catches, like patterns of the remotes codes.

What I mean is that when I looked at my Arduino based remotes output through a digital camera to see what it was doing, I saw that I was putting out sort of a continuous STREAM of code signals, but when I looked at the TV remote the same way, I saw that it was FLASHING the code signals rhythmically.

And while mine nonetheless works to turn the TV on/off, it does hiccup in a strange way that I'll ask about in its own post.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”