RiderNet goes Into Action to help Save Our Horses

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
miax

RiderNet goes Into Action to help Save Our Horses

Post by miax »

Tonight the first business-application of RiderNet goes into action. One of our beloved horses (Chilli) is sick. :( Yesterday we would be staying vigil all night outside his stall, taking turns sleeping and checking on him. From now on, we simply attach one of the MBF Mobile Cams to the stall door and we can watch over them 24/7!
Chilli on RiderCam at night (poor light conditions, I need an IR camera from Adafruit!)
Chilli on RiderCam at night (poor light conditions, I need an IR camera from Adafruit!)
MBF-mobileCam1-7.jpg (165.24 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
MBF-mobileCam1-6.jpg (111.16 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
MBF-mobileCam1-4.jpg (138.79 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
This was earlier than I expected, I have all the kit for using Adafruit Motor Shields and Servos to make rotating/tilting cameras driven by Megas. For now I'm using a TrendNet TV-IP400W WiFi camera, so all we needed was power. I am both worried for Chilli but also excited that everything actually worked.. I'll be up all night anyway, but now I can watch on my second monitor from my bedroom while hacking late into the night.

Say hello to the future ponies! We've got you on RiderCam. ;)

Kris

miax

Re: RiderNet goes Into Action to help Save Our Horses

Post by miax »

Chilli at 2:30am and 6am - happy and already waiting for breakfast :) Vigil concluded, RiderCam operation was 100% through the night at freezing temperatures - "A Good Day". :)
Chilli at 12:30AM
Chilli at 12:30AM
MBF-mobileCam1-10.jpg (160.76 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
Chilli at 2:30AM
Chilli at 2:30AM
MBF-mobileCam1-11.jpg (204.65 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
Chilli at 6AM, happy and hungry. :)
Chilli at 6AM, happy and hungry. :)
MBF-mobileCam1-12.jpg (136.49 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
It was A Good Day. :) I'm tired, barnwork to do - then sleep...

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Nice work as always! Here's to a speedy recovery for Chilli. :D

miax

Post by miax »

Thanks. :) Much of this work is thanks to Adafruit products, support and tutorials - so Adafruit Industries definitely had a hand in helping to save Chilli - and every horse that gets sick from now on. :D

Cheers!

Kris

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”