Arduino Uno R3

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
achwan86

Arduino Uno R3

Post by achwan86 »

Hello,

I am new to this forum and hopefully I am asking this question in the right forum as well. I am trying to us a USB Controller Card for a joystick that I will use for my flight simulator. It is simple and just would use 100kOhm pot that would have left right and center to control the front wheel of an aircraft. I want to know if the arduino uno r3 would work for this, and if so, then would it require alot of programming, coding to get it to function properly.

Thank you,

Arslan Dautovic

abqlewis

Re: Arduino Uno R3

Post by abqlewis »

I did almost exactly what you are trying to do, but I did not use an Arduino. I used an Atmega32u4 Breakout Board+ (sold right here on Adafruit), and loaded it with open-source LUFA software. I downloaded the LUFA libraries and mod'ed the joystick demo.
You can do it with an Uno, but you'd probably going to have to load something like LUFA into the 16u2 anyway (for a HID Joystick USB interface), and ironically, I think that's more of a hack on the Uno than on the 32u4BB+. The 32u4 seems made for this.
Eventually, the Leonardo should work for this, but I don't know if it is working yet.

thefatmoop

Re: Arduino Uno R3

Post by thefatmoop »

yeah use teensyduino or w/e with this board http://www.adafruit.com/products/199

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”