Needed: New Projects for Late Nights!

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AngryGoat

Needed: New Projects for Late Nights!

Post by AngryGoat »

I've recently completed a bunch of minor projects, flashing LED hearts, Boarduino, Drawdio, Ice Tube Clock, etc, and am looking for something a bit more time consuming. Yes, I want something with effectively MORE PARTS! I tend to get insomnia, and one of the most soothing acts I do is "make" things. Usually that's either code, or money in some artificial world, but lately it has been soldering! I could have had a few things done much faster if only I had started them in the throws of agony over sleep. :)

Anyway, for an Arduino junkie who is still learning, but who also has lots of time to do that learning, I'd like a complex, high-part-count kit that can take me a while to complete. Since HeathKit ain't around, I'm left shopping... All I find lately are hour-long kits that don't DO much. What I want is a full-on kit that will make me solder for hours, and enjoy immensely the results. My interests are environmental awareness and anything robot. Anything.

Ideas solicited, links to competitors may not be kosher so don't do it unless you know better...

Thanks!

Taylor

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Needed: New Projects for Late Nights!

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

osbock

Re: Needed: New Projects for Late Nights!

Post by osbock »

While this is probably a quick build, using it could make you think...
https://www.adafruit.com/products/304
I've thought of trying to adapt it to do wineglasses (they make an engraving attachment, and an extra large version.)
Also, something like the makerbot, or makergear will suck up endless amounts of time.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”