FLORA question

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tinkeringtech

FLORA question

Post by tinkeringtech »

What is the difference between using individual small leds (http://www.adafruit.com/products/619) with the FLORA compared to a LED strip? http://www.adafruit.com/products/306

I noticed that the FLORA promo video is powering a bunch of LEDs sewn into the fabric, how many individual LEDs could the FLORA power? I understand that the number of LEDs depends on the supplied current, but I'm trying to understand how the LEDs are individually addressed without the HL1606 chip on the promo video.
Thanks.

adafruit

Re: FLORA question

Post by adafruit »

LED strips are stiffer, and they tend to crack eventually (not meant to flex that much). sewing each pixel on allows for better spacing control and they wont crack.

tinkeringtech

Post by tinkeringtech »

adafruit wrote:LED strips are stiffer, and they tend to crack eventually (not meant to flex that much). sewing each pixel on allows for better spacing control and they wont crack.
Thanks for the response. How does the FLORA account for the HL1606 chip that is present in the strip? Also, do you sell the mounting board for the SMD LEDs?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

tinkeringtech wrote:Thanks for the response. How does the FLORA account for the HL1606 chip that is present in the strip? Also, do you sell the mounting board for the SMD LEDs?
we'll be selling FLORA accessories as we launch the FLORA, this will have the SMD LEDs on the board(s). we'll have a complete write up posted very soon on how it all works, etc, etc!

cheers!
adafruit support

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”