Arduino Uno Windows & Drivers

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bommarmd

Arduino Uno Windows & Drivers

Post by bommarmd »

Hello out there:

I have tried unsuccessfully get the window 7 drivers installed and working for the Uno. I have followed all the directions with using the Device Mangler and to click to direct where to find the drivers in the driver folder. They are NOT in there. I have downloaded the Uno software several times on two different systems.
A lap top with Windows 7 32 bit and with my desk top running 64 bit version. On the Device Mangler page the Uno shows up as under Other Devices and not the COM Port. I read that it moves to the COM port after the drivers are correctly installed.

The files are there when I open the folder with the various devices from the Leonardo to the Uno listed as 'set up information' under file type but are not there when I browse to install the drivers off of the Device Mangler.

The only thing that shows up is the FTDI USB drivers folder.

My budding Arduino hobby is being squashed like a bug.

Any help to get this up and running would be wonderful.

Michael

Thanks.

cxvjeff

Re: Arduino Uno Windows & Drivers

Post by cxvjeff »

bommarmd,

Check your path again. If you have moved the Arduino IDE to your Program Files(x86) the path for the drivers installation would be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.0\drivers. Of course, this folder will only exist on your 64 bit system.

You won't be able to see the files within the folder listed in the Device Manager path list at all. You simply select the folder that the file exists within. Make sure you have the Arduino Uno.inf and Arduino Uno REV3.inf files in your drivers folder. If these are missing that could be your issue but I doubt that to be the case.

Give it one more try... you'll get it working!

PlastiBots

Re: Arduino Uno Windows & Drivers

Post by PlastiBots »

FWIW, I have both Arduino 023 and 1.0 running on Win 7 64 bit.. I recall having some issues early on, but its completely stable now. Both my Arduino folders are at the root, so you may want to try that as well. I have had the odd case where the IDE does not recognize the Uno on its COMM port, and a reboot usually takes care of it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”