Noob and daughter need a clue.....

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
NM_Fruitcakes

Noob and daughter need a clue.....

Post by NM_Fruitcakes »

I bought a Arduino G3 and the I2C LCD shield for my daughter to experiment with. She is running on a MAC.

She was able to get a basic blink program running, and is wanting to move on to experimenting with the LCD shield and is struggling a little.

Some questions....

She found online the directions for the library location for a PC, but not for a Mac. What is the correct location to copy the LCD library to on her Mac?

Is there some pre-compiled firmware available to do a test of the hardware to make sure that we did the assembly of the LCD board correctly? I am hoping for a bitstream file to download to the board and LCD to test this out.

Sorry for any incorrect terms. I have not had time to delve into this yet to guide her.

Thanks for any help!

mtbf0

Re: Noob and daughter need a clue.....

Post by mtbf0 »

libraries go into a directory called libraries in your sketchbook directory. if you don't know the location of your sketchbook, it can be found by selecting preferences from the file menu in arduino.

the are example sketches installed with the libraries. these can be loaded via the file menu.

you will probably have to fiddle with the contrast pot a little.

baldengineer

Re: Noob and daughter need a clue.....

Post by baldengineer »

/Users/<username>/Documents/Arduino/libraries

If you open a Finder window, click on Documents, then Arduino. You may need to create the libraries folder.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”