Problems displaying bitmaps with 2.8" TFT breakout

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pr0crast1nate

Re: Problems displaying bitmaps with 2.8" TFT breakout

Post by pr0crast1nate »

Well, first, thanks for spending what I can only imagine is your personal time tinkering with this problem.

It's no longer scrambling the bmp's! However, some strangeness remains. It seems like the setRotation method is being ignored and as a result the miniwoof does not rotate but rather just draws in the same position 4 times. This also happens with my bmp files (which are no longer scrambled!). I also tried the tiger and that displays but gets partially cut off due to the lack of rotation I think. And if you plug tiger in for all the miniwoof files, some strange things happen like scrambling on rotation 1 and 4.

The calling convention is not a big deal at all! I'd gladly edit 100 lines of code if that was the case; as long as it worked. lol I also noticed you fixed the fact that there was a #define for SD_CS but then a hardcoded pin number was used in the initialization function anyway 8)

Again, thanks, and you rock! :D

pburgess

Re: Problems displaying bitmaps with 2.8" TFT breakout

Post by pburgess »

Yeah, BMP rotation is going to require some extra work. The 1.8" display is nice in that it has a sort of hardware assist for rotation, but it'll have to be done manually here. No ETA, but I am working on it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”