OLED SSD1306, need help for pinouts: ADR, PEN

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
devilOpa

OLED SSD1306, need help for pinouts: ADR, PEN

Post by devilOpa »

Hello.
I need help please, cause i buyed a SSD1306 OLED and cant find out how connect it to SPI/Arduino UNO.
The Problem is the labeling of the pinouts, wich are not like the 'normal' pinouts i can find in every tutorials and pic's.
If already testet a I2C-4 wireing to my Arduino UNO used ( SDA-A4,SCL-A5,3V3-3V3, GND-GND with the ZTSCI2CM1-Example)
and it runs nice. But if i want to use other libs like the Ardafruid_SSD1306, i need the ther pins.
Now i have no Idea what the 2 Pins: ADR and PEN could be !? I'd taken 2 Pictures from the Display:

Shot at 2012-08-11

Can anybody help me please ?

adafruit

Re: OLED SSD1306, need help for pinouts: ADR, PEN

Post by adafruit »

hiya!

thanks for joining the adafruit customer support forums, your best bet is to contact the company you purchased that product from for support.

thanks!
adafruit support

devilOpa

Post by devilOpa »

That was the first i'd done. It was on ebay and the seller only respond 2 links. One for the SSD1306.pdf and one to the
ZTSCI2CM1-Example. Both links i had before and the coulnd't help me. I think the seller know nothing about the Item. I will never again buying Arduinohardware on ebay but now the Display is here and i hope to get help to make it running.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

You might try hunting around on this site http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=201 ... id=&pm_id= It will help if you read chinese though.

devilOpa

Post by devilOpa »

franklin97355 wrote:You might try hunting around on this site http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=201 ... id=&pm_id= It will help if you read chinese though.
Thats not my Display. That Item has 20 Pinouts with simple to find SPI-pins. And i can't read in Chinese.
But i found a mailadress with the name kozig (like a label on my Item). Now i hope that the adressowner can speak english :roll:
thanks

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Thats not my Display.
I know that was not your display. My suggestion was to search on the site for your display or the board you have.

devilOpa

Post by devilOpa »

Of course i'd searched the Site, but nothing. Only a few other Oleds and Items. Now i'm waiting that he answer to my eMail.

stephanie

Post by stephanie »

Are you sure the board is even capable of running SPI mode? It looks to me like it's I2C only.

Looking at the images, my guess is that ADR allows you to change the I2C address. I forget if it should be tied high or tied low to get the alternate address, but considering you've had it running with I2C already, you wouldn't need to worry about configuring the address.

For PEN the only thing I can think of is actually Reset, but that's just a hunch rather than having anything to go on. Pull that pin low for a few mS to reset the display. My second guess is it is (something)-Enable. But I can't think of what the (something) might be, based again on you already having run it successfully with I2C.

yerevan

Post by yerevan »

Hello.
I bought 126x64 display from your distributor and that is working without any problem.

http://www.watterott.com/en/Monochrome- ... ic-display

I also bought this display from eBay and trying to use adafruit code ssd1306_126x64_i2c.
Somehow code is not working with this particular display.
So I'm hopping that somebody in this forum can help me to resolve this issue.

robinzon

Post by robinzon »

@adafruit by the way what is different between ebay and adafruit displays?
Any idea what is doing that chip which is kg240t4?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

We have no idea what the ebay display is, or how it may be different or the same, you'll need to contact the seller. We provide documentation and libraries for our displays - you'll have to contact the seller for the same level of support!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”