probs with new Arduino UNO 328

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
roop

probs with new Arduino UNO 328

Post by roop »

I just purchased a new arduino and installed driver and am running my first program and I get an error after uploading which says:
avrdude:stk500-getsync(): not in sync: respOxf9
When I check Serial Monitor, one line of strange letters is printed after a delay and the letters have no relation to the program I wrote.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: probs with new Arduino UNO 328

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Does your sketch have any serial output? Make sure that the serial monitor baud-rate is the same as the rate specified in Serial.begin().

roop

Post by roop »

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I do have a Serial.begin(9600) statement and I am using Serial.print statements in the program. But I have not problems with this on my Arduino UNO. Only thing that's different is that for some reason, this board wants to be on COM7.

adafruit_support_bill

But I have not problems with this on my Arduino UNO.
So you have two UNOs? One that exhibits the problem and one that does not?
Only thing that's different is that for some reason, this board wants to be on COM7.
That is normal. The system knows that they are different boards and will assign them different COM ports. Be sure to select the right one when you try to upload.

roop

Post by roop »

I do have several arduinos. Two of them are older Arduinos. The new ones have the 328 which the computer assigns to COM7

Problem is now solved. My sketch now runs on both old and new. The problem was that because it has the 328 chip, I selected the duemilanove/ATmega328 board. If I just select Arduino UNO board as I did before, it works just fine with the new arduino on COM7.
Thanks for your help.

John

I am teaching at Century and we are doing a major rocket launch project with the new Arduinos. Whew!

BADBOY69

Post by BADBOY69 »

I AM HAVING MAJOR PROBLEM HELP MY ARDUINO. (avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00) -- What does this mean and how do i fix it?

i am trying to upload blink from the examples.it turns on the led but it does not respond to the lights instruction. i am currently using a Hp Compact 8200 elite small form factor.

it be really nice to get a reply

adafruit_support_bill

@badboy - Check to make sure that you have the right board type selected in Toold->Board. Also make sure that you have the right COM port selected in Tools->Serial Port.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”