Arduino Leonardo USB Not Recognized

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
littleruler20

Arduino Leonardo USB Not Recognized

Post by littleruler20 »

I purchased a Arduino Leonardo a week ago and have been unable to use it period. Out of the box, I followed the instructions to the letter on the arduino site.
The problem:
When I plug my arduino in, It is recognized for a couple of seconds and then disappears. In device manager it goes from Arduino Leonardo to USB not recognized. I am running windows 7 32 bit, but I have also tried to run it on Ubuntu. It seemed to be recognized on ubuntu, but when I opened up the arduino terminal, The option serial port was greyed out.

TLDR:
Wndows 7 32 Bit foes not recognize the usb, but it does recognize for a few second after I press reset/plug it in
Ubuntu seems to recognize it as an Arduino Leonardo, but Serial Port is greyed out

The L and T light are on
The arduino seemed to be recognized after initial install, until I attempted to upload blink. I am not sure if that was the cause because I tried to upload fairly quick and maybe the problem happened at the same time I tired to upload.

This is my first post so please give me tips if I did not give enough/ the correct information.
PS I have seen this fix
http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... ed#p158426
and am pretty sure they are different problems because my Rx light is not on and I used an example program

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Arduino Leonardo USB Not Recognized

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

When I plug my arduino in, It is recognized for a couple of seconds and then disappears.
Sounds like a bad cable.

littleruler20

Post by littleruler20 »

Thanks for the reply.
I thought this as well, so I tested the arduino with a different wire. I had the same problem.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

That is an odd case. Clearly the processor is functioning well enough to identify itself as a a USB device. Leonardos are simpler than Unos since the USB capability is in the main processor. It sounds like you have tried all the usual things: different computer/OS/cable. Contact [email protected] with a link to this thread to arrange for a replacement.

littleruler20

Post by littleruler20 »

Thanks will do.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”