I need help integrating some code into a sample code(newb alert!!)

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mitpatterson

I need help integrating some code into a sample code(newb alert!!)

Post by mitpatterson »

So I basically say I can't program my way out of a wet paper bag(because its true). So I have a sprout board, and am trying to use a different temperature sensor then what they used. I've found sample code for the temperature sensor, They used the LM60, but I didn't want to use an analog sensor. So I have a Digital one(The DS18B20, uses the 1-wire protocol) They have sample code for both the temperature and humidity sensor. with a web server and LCD. I have the same Humidity sensor.

I've found example code for the DS18B20 sensor, but I have had a heck of a time integrating the code into the code for the server room monitor( Code found here: http://code.google.com/p/sprout-board-s ... or_v_9.pde) I won't make too big of fool out of my self by posting my mess of code, for now i just need to figure out how to get the 2 to work together. The sensor is currently on Digital 6.

Can someone post up some modified code? I've tried replacing different sections and what not with example code for the DS18B20 but can't get the thing to compile. Note I'm trying to use an older version of the IDE(19 I think) due to the fact the example code for the server room monitor was written for an older version.

Or if anyone can tell me what code I need to put in and where(and removing what). I've spend the last 2 weeks working on it, and trying everything, the code on my PC is so messed up right now I will probably just need to re download the example code(or modified code)

Franklin97355

Re: I need help integrating some code into a sample code(newb alert!!)

Post by Franklin97355 »

You don't say but did you get the DS18b20 to work by itself? That would be your first goal.

mitpatterson

Re: I need help integrating some code into a sample code(newb alert!!)

Post by mitpatterson »

Yep. I was able to get the DS18B20 to work and display on a LCD all on its own(no code for the network, or humidity sensor or anything else) using some example code i found online. So the sensor works, its just I am having a heck of a time getting the code to work together.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”