Load Cell to Mobile

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pwillmott86

Load Cell to Mobile

Post by pwillmott86 »

Hi Adafruit,
I want to solve a problem I face every day through developing a gadget. I have been reading through your tutorials and think im up to the challenge however lack the knowledge on selecting the right parts for the job. From the research I have done I think I require the following however please suggest any additional parts that I might need. It would also be great if you could provide links to your suggestions. Thanks in advance!!
• Processor (Arduino)
• Load Cell (to measure a weight range of 1 to 700g)
• WiFi (transmit measurement information wirelessly)
• Powered from micro USB into computer USB
• 1 x LED
• Vibrate motor
• Buzzer
The gadget would measure weight transmit the results back to the sketch (wireless) to display results. The light, vibrate motor and buzzer are used as warning/action signals.
I would also like to send result notifications to my iPhone and warning signals. Obviously this will require a lot of development to get it to that point but that’s the challenge.
I hope I have provided enough info to help you help me :) let me know if there is any questions you have.
Thanks heaps,
Patrick

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Load Cell to Mobile

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Unless your load gauge has in integral amplifier, you will need something to amplify the signal. Here is an example: http://jdesbonnet.blogspot.com/2010/10/ ... -cost.html

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”