Arduinos sending data between each other

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
drummerboyx

Arduinos sending data between each other

Post by drummerboyx »

Hey!

So I have two Arduinos. One is a Duemilanove and one is a Nano. The Duemilanove receives DMX data, and I want to send 5 channels of the data to the Nano to send over the serial port to my computer. I can't use the Duemilanove to do that, because it's communicating with the timer chip (for DMX receive). I don't think I can use digital read/write and connect 5 wires to the digital outs of one to the digital ins on the other right? Because digitalRead/Write can only produce HIGH and LOW.

Any ideas on how to do this?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Arduinos sending data between each other

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I want to send 5 channels of the data to the Nano to send over the serial port to my computer. I can't use the Duemilanove to do that, because it's communicating with the timer chip (for DMX receive).
You should be able to use SoftwareSerial on the Duemilanove to send it back to the computer. Unless I am missing something, having a Nano as a middle-man doesn't offer much value.

drummerboyx

Post by drummerboyx »

Well it's communicating with the timer chip at 25,000 baud through the serial port - so it's in use. I need another Arduino to send the incoming DMX data to my computer using serial.

drummerboyx

Post by drummerboyx »

OH! SoftwareSerial!!! BRILLIANT :) I'll definitely try that out asap. Thanks, a lot!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”