Need some help

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ezlnh8u

Need some help

Post by ezlnh8u »

Hello evreyone, I have an arduino UNO r3, on my nettop pc running windows 7, It runs great, using 50led board for ambient light, but now I want to connect the arduino to my main desktop, that has more processing power, Beacause I notice some led light lag on my smaller nettop pc, The issue is when I conect the arduino to my main desktop running windows 8, in device manager it comes out as other and unkown in device manager,
If I am correct its suppose to pop up as a com port? If anyone here can guide me on trouble shooting this, or In anyway how can i speed up the led lights reactions on the nettop, its about half a second delay from what ever color the image on the screen is, many thanks, I hope I did not make this post to confusing.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Need some help

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You need to load the driver for the UNO on your Windows 8 machine. We don't have tutorials for Windows 8 yet, but it should be similar to earlier versions: http://www.ladyada.net/learn/arduino/lesson0-win.html

Don't know if this will improve the speed at all. You didn't specify what LEDs you are using or what software you are using to control them.

ezlnh8u

Post by ezlnh8u »

The led lights i purchased are a 50 ct strand of rgb leds, I am at work now, but as soon as i get home I will findo out the software, thank you.

ezlnh8u

Post by ezlnh8u »

Ok so the software I am using to push the led function is adalight_50_led_ch/Processing 2.0b3, Please let me know if there is anything I am missing.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We don't sell 50 pixel led strands. You should contact your supplier for software support.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”