Arduino Micro fritzing file ?

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
amundsen

Arduino Micro fritzing file ?

Post by amundsen »

Hello,

Is there yet a Fritzing file for the Arduino Micro in the pipeline ?

adafruit

Re: Arduino Micro fritzing file ?

Post by adafruit »

working on it!

amundsen

Post by amundsen »

Any idea about the expected delivery date ? I have drawn a PCB using a Nano in between but I'd be really happy to complete it with the right board.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We've got a big backlog of products to add to the library. Our best guess for the Micro at this point is a couple of weeks.

samej71

Post by samej71 »

adafruit_support wrote:We've got a big backlog of products to add to the library. Our best guess for the Micro at this point is a couple of weeks.
That's unfortunate.
amundsen wrote:Is there yet a Fritzing file for the Arduino Micro in the pipeline ?
I am personally only using Fritzing to help me figure out the best layout for a perfboard circuit, which includes a Micro. I took the generic DIP IC component, gave it 34 pins, and then assigned the appropriate names/descriptions to each of the pins. I don't need it to look like the real Micro, I just wanted the pins to be right so I could easily connect my virtual wires to the right pins and have it take the appropriate 17 rows on the board. Maybe something like that might work for you while we wait for the official component to be released. I'm willing to export my faked part and send it to you if you'd like it.

--James

wdickenson

Post by wdickenson »

Wow. I had never heard of this before and this is exactly what I need ! Thank you !

samej71

Post by samej71 »

wdickenson wrote:Wow. I had never heard of this before and this is exactly what I need ! Thank you !
Okay. I've attached the pseudo Arduino Micro part to this post.

It is very basic and crude and needs refinement to be more useful, but it helped me continue with my project and that was all I needed.
Attachments
DIP - 34 pins pseudo Arduino Micro.fzpz.zip
Dummy Arduino Micro part until the official part is released. Just remove ".zip" from the filename. I had to add it because it wouldn't allow me to upload it with .fzpz extension.
(8.33 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

johngineer

Post by johngineer »

Hi All-

You can find the new Arduino Micro Fritzing part in our Fritzing library: https://github.com/adafruit/Fritzing-Library

Enjoy!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”