I have tried plugging in to different USB sockets, but this makes no difference. Can you please help?
The operating system typically assigns a different COM port number when you change USB sockets. Your best bet is to use 'Device Manager' to determine the appropriate COM port number.
- Connect your Arduino to a USB socket
- Click on 'Start'
- Right click on 'My Computer' and select 'Properties'
- Select 'Hardware' and then 'Device Manager'
- Expand Ports (COM & LPT) by clicking on the + sign
- Look for the USB Serial Port to determine the COM port assignment