Arduino shield webinar

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
oyvdahl

Arduino shield webinar

Post by oyvdahl »

Hi

First of all, I am sorry if I posting this in the wrong place. I wanted to ask Limor, but read on ladyada.net that the best way to contact her was through the forums.

I am thinking about having a webinar on Arduino soon. I'm thinking that I'll cover something like this:
-Intro to Arduino programming and prototyping
-How to design an Arduino shield (go through an example of something cool)
-How to get your shield manufactured

Maybe do it over 3 sessions, 1 per week.
Since I'm posting on a public forum, I'll guess I'll ask all of you: is this something that would be interesting? The webinar will be free btw.

Oyvind

adafruit

Re: Arduino shield webinar

Post by adafruit »

oyvdahl wrote:Hi

First of all, I am sorry if I posting this in the wrong place. I wanted to ask Limor, but read on ladyada.net that the best way to contact her was through the forums.

I am thinking about having a webinar on Arduino soon. I'm thinking that I'll cover something like this:
-Intro to Arduino programming and prototyping
-How to design an Arduino shield (go through an example of something cool)
-How to get your shield manufactured

Maybe do it over 3 sessions, 1 per week.
Since I'm posting on a public forum, I'll guess I'll ask all of you: is this something that would be interesting? The webinar will be free btw.

Oyvind
sounds like a good resource for folks, feel free to post the info here for the webinars!

thanks,
adafruit support

oyvdahl

Post by oyvdahl »

After discussing with a few people I'm thinking that the webinar might be more geared towards those who already knows the basic Arduino stuff and want to learn how to create their own shield. So more focus on PCB creation, but in an Arduino context...

Any thoughts?

Nevaargh

Post by Nevaargh »

my $0.02 (keep the change)

Don't try to cover too much in a single session?
Which tools to cover?
Other boards have shields, why not cover shields as a concept, but with a specific focus on the arduino shields.
Compatibility: Differences between pinouts across arduino models, as well as pin-in for various shields.

oyvdahl

Post by oyvdahl »

Nevaargh wrote:my $0.02 (keep the change)

Don't try to cover too much in a single session?
Which tools to cover?
Other boards have shields, why not cover shields as a concept, but with a specific focus on the arduino shields.
Compatibility: Differences between pinouts across arduino models, as well as pin-in for various shields.
Covering shields as a concept is not a bad idea. not bad at all...
Anyone else got some more cents to put in my pocket?

oyvdahl

Post by oyvdahl »

Ok, I decided to just go for it. I had a lot of interest in this as I have discussed it with more people.

It will be a one-session webinar where I teach you the practical stuff on how to create your own Arduino Shield. From idea to finished board design. I'll also teach you how to order prototype boards from one of the cheap PCB manufacturers.

After this webinar you will have the knowledge to do it yourself with whatever shield-idea you might have.

More information can be found here: http://www.build-electronic-circuits.co ... binar.html

Hope to see you there =)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”