Help! Reverse Geocache Questions..

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
matador

Help! Reverse Geocache Questions..

Post by matador »

I started building the Reverse Geocache using this tutorial.

http://learn.adafruit.com/reverse-geoca ... x/overview

Let me start off by saying I am new to Arduino. I have done several little tutorials, but this is my first actual project.

I have everything wired up to a solderless breadboard. The GPS and everything else seem to function as they are supposed to. Although I cant figure out where to connect the switch. The list of parts for this project include an illuminated momentary switch. Since there was no explanation as to where exactly the switch is wired, I assume its wired directly to the power supply. But this seems stupid because since it is a momentary switch, you have to hold it down until the GPS gets a location fix and it then it runs the rest of the program. Sometimes it takes a long time to get a fix on your location and its a pain in the butt to hold the switch for 15 minutes.

Does anyone have any ideas that can help me out?? Did I wire this up wrong?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Help! Reverse Geocache Questions..

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The switch specified in the tutorial is on/off, not a momentary switch. It is not clear from the photos, but I would assume he connects it in-line with the battery lead.
A Power Switch - Kenton prefers the Adafruit Waterproof Metal On/Off Switch (with blue LED ring).

matador

Re: Help! Reverse Geocache Questions..

Post by matador »

Simple Fix! Thanks for your response :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”