My first Arduino

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bfesser

My first Arduino

Post by bfesser »

Adafruit, you truly are awesome! Thanks to you, my first circuit with an Arduino was a brilliant (it's a pun, get it?) success! I just received an Arduino Uno R3 from Adafruit, yesterday morning. By last night, I had built my first project and was already back on the Adafruit site looking for more sensors and shields to tinker with! It's very thoughtful of you to slip rubber bumpers into the Arduino box--reason enough for anyone purchasing an Arduino to get it here. The Arduino fit easily onto the plastic mounting plate, and the tutorial page showed just how to place the screws. Soldering and connecting the TSL2561 was no problem, thanks to the easy-to-read screen printed pinout.

I followed your sensor tutorial, which explained everything clearly and thoroughly. Thanks to a video I found on YouTube, I had no problem getting the Arduino to work under Windows 8. I even included a logic level converter, since I already had one that I was itching to try out. I have some experience with C++ from many years ago, and a little experience with electronics and microcontrollers (I tried a Basic Stamp 2 once), but this was the first time I had ever used an Arduino. I went from the 'blink' sketch directly to this, thanks to your great resources and products! I love the sensor board you've designed around the luminosity chip. Anyway, enough of me ranting, here's a photo:

luminosity by blfesser, on Flickr

I can't wait to try another project with my new Arduino (Piccolo?), and am thinking about trying a Leonardo.
Thanks, Adafruit!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: My first Arduino

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Congratulations, and welcome to the world of Arduino :D

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”