BoeBot Sheild with Due

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
oakguy

BoeBot Sheild with Due

Post by oakguy »

Just curious before I go and break something, is the Due compatable with the Boebot /Arduino I ordered from you guys? I am aware of the 3.3 versus 5 volt issue as inputs on the Data pins. But for the servo pins etc.?

thanks
Oakguy

adafruit_support_bill

Re: BoeBot Sheild with Due

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You might want to check with Parallax, since they are the manufacturers. But I don't think there are any 5v signals coming from the board to the Arduino (except for what you might put on the breadboard).

oakguy

Post by oakguy »

Thank you for the reply. After researching the number of available libraries for the Due, I may drop this whole idea and stay with the Mega. Does anyone have something other than the Parallax motherboard for the Boebot? Since using their mainboard limits Arduino shields and expansion, would there be another solution that allows you to add an Arduino ethernet shields and expansion that fits on top of a Boebot chassis?

Thanks
Guy

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The BoeShield is really not much more than a couple of voltage regulators, switches and a proto-board. You could drill a couple more holes in the BoeBot chassis and mount the Mega directly. Then you could use a Mega protoshield and stack any other shields you want. https://www.adafruit.com/products/192

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”